Thursday, August 28, 2008

I NEED....

Lydia has learned how to say I need when she wants something. For example "I need outside" when she wants to play outside, "I need water" when she wants a drink.
So far my favorites:
"I need big oval" while we were using sidewalk chalk and she wanted me to draw a big oval (which is her favorite shape right now).
"I need cookie!!" this was said repeatedly on the drive home from a church social where she got to eat one cookie.
"I need Dixie Chicks" Lydia has a favorite band. On the trip to Beaumont we listened to the Wide Open Spaces cd for 3 hours and the first song for about 2 of those, it was the only thing that would keep her from fussing. . So now when she doesn't like my choice of music in the car she NEEDS the Dixie Chicks.
Other new fun sayings:
"I do it!"
"Mommy all done singing" while I was singing along to the Prince of Egypt cd this morning.
And "I fart" Caleb taught her this one ;( but she says it at the appropriate time.

1 comment:

McCullough Family said...

I LOVE it! The "I need" is too funny. I didn't realize how much I asked Luke, "What do you need?" until he started saying, "I need___" Love the that she told you "All done singing" funny girl