Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Florida

My mom (who is turning 60 this summer and has always wanted to snorkel) my aunt and I went to Miami and the Florida Keys! The girls were taken care of by Caleb and various generous friends. And I had a great time. (I am waiting to do pictures until I have Kathy's too)
Highlights-
Day 1-Pollo Tropical Cuban fast food including beans & rice and plantains.
Day 2-Kayaking in a mangrove swamp in a Key State Park and fancy dinner thanks to Bill on Duval Street, Key West
Day 3-boat trip to Dry Tortugas, Fort Jefferson, fun snorkeling, back on land-Key Lime pie
Day 4-the smell of frankincense at the Episcopal church, walking a bit on Seven Mile Bridge, tons of Alligators in the Everglades! and giggling about our annoying hotel clerk
Day 5-Snorkeling on a reef-all the beautiful fish including a big school of black & blue parrot fish munching on the coral, Art deco on South Beach
Day 6-being back home with my family.

No comments: