Monday, August 15, 2011

Hamilton Pool

We are not the most spontaneous family. This weekend we are going to Aunt Jan's house, we started the planning in May. For India day in Aug, we set the date in midJune.
Caleb was going back to school on Wed and we had no plans for Mon or Tues. Monday night Lydia was looking through her baby book and said, let's go back to Hamilton Pool. So we did the next day.
We woke up, packed a lunch, ate breakfast in the car and headed out. When we got there is was pretty empty and peaceful and COLD, seriously I shivered in and out of the water until about 11:30. Gloria turned purple because most of the pool is shaded in the morning. As the day went on it got more crowded and warmer. We swam, ate an early lunch with a running monologue by a grandma sitting by us who shared her family's Cheetos, walked around the pool-up the rocks, through the narrow part and swam some more. Lydia was slow to start but then used her goggles and swam underwater. Gloria was happy as always to bob around in her floatie. After a nice day, we headed out, Gloria was pretty tired by then, we changed and headed home with a stop at a convenient store for treats, then home to bed! When asked what was their favorite part, I said floating on my back by the waterfall drips, Lydia said seeing the big fish in the water, Gloria responded THE CHEETOS!

Lydia and Caleb walking around again while Gloria and I swam, I have my arm in the air and Gloria is in her floatie.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You were outside and felt chilly for even a moment?! I want to go to there!