Dreams and Visions:
Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World?
By Tom Doyle with Greg Webster
I like stories (I loved my anthropology classes at
A&M). You might think I read a lot
of fiction (and you would be right) but nothing, not even a vampire-werewolf-love
triangle, can hold a candle to real life stories of faith, forgiveness and
finding your way. They are my favorite
type of stories and Dreams and Visions by Tom Doyle is full of these types of
stories. I love that he begins but
stating that these are NOT fairy tales, but that he himself or someone trusted
close to him, know these people and know these stories are in fact true.
The stories are grouped by location in the Muslim
world: Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran,
Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Israel-Gaza-West Bank, Afghanistan
and America . A brief history or other important
information about the country is given but the focus is on a person and how
their lives were changed by a vision or dream by Jesus Christ. I was surprised by how many Christian
background people also received these and how the dreams also promoted them to
fully surrender to Christ and live for him whatever that meant in their
situation. And that is a serious
undertaking for these no matter their background; the only story I had
previously know was of the Saudi martyr, Fatima, whose amazing poem I had
read. After the inspiring and
encouraging stories, the book ends with a little ‘preaching’ or as I would call
it, a call to action especially for American believers.
This is an excellent book, both entertaining and convicting
and I highly recommend it to anyone, whether you already have Muslim friends or
are in the group that is still a little nervous about them.
I got this book free from BookSneeze, Thomas Nelson
Publishing by agreeing to review it on my blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment