1 year ago
Thursday, January 31, 2013
An Un-happening
I normally don't post about stuff like this (the blog is called Harris Happenings) but about super fun outings and parties, etc. But this week since Monday morning, I have had strep throat and I got it good. The first thing I realize about this is that sometimes it stinks to be human, the second thing is that the people around me are amazing. Caleb has totally stepped up to the plate-making lunches, doing laundry, dishes, keeping the girls fed, clothes and ready for their next activity. He even went in late on Tues and took Gloria to school, picked up her and brought her back to watch movies until later so I could rest. My neighbor (I call her new but they have lived her since Aug) Marz is amazing, she has picked up Lydia every day from school and twice kept the girls from 3 until Caleb got home. Gloria is amazing in that she can entertain herself for long periods of time and can even be a big helper grabbing stuff for me. The first day before I knew what I had she got her own cereal and played by herself until 11 when I finally got out of bed. On Tues Lydia watched a movie while I was in bed and made me a note that said, "I feel alone all by myself mommy..." but she never complained or fussed verbally :) Instead of doing our normal Monday around the house day, visiting two friends while G was in school, an outing to the LBJ Wildflower Center (coordinating various cars and rides), then dinner at church and my group study, and picking up five people and then leading Friendship (and it was the church tour I was excited about) I laid around the house and went to the doctor (Caleb and my mom are amazing for strongly encouraging me to go instead of waiting). Only on Wed afternoon did I do anything which was watch some tv. It hurt to move and each swallow was excruicatingly painful, but Caleb suggested watching some Johnny Football highlight videos after the girls were in bed, so we did and it was at those moments that the tide turned and I finally started feeling a little better. So the moral of the story is-Go watch Johnny Football with Dude Perfect and life will go on :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment