Seven years! That is how long I have been a part of Friendship, 3 years as Current Events teacher, 2 as Assistant Director and 2 as Director. And now I am closing this amazing chapter of my life to move on to new things when both girls are in school next year.
Today was the Food Fair. So for 2 hours we smiled, we decorated, we ate, we chatted. We said good-bye to those moving home. We caught up with those who stopped and we haven't seen in a while. We talked about summer plans and gave lots of hugs.
The kiddos came from childcare (including Mary who came to visit as a former teacher) and got a plate-mostly from the American tables. For my plate, I like to start with Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan-lots of sticky rice, noodles and sushi.
Then on to the world, which is people who are the only ones from their country like Czech Republic, Germany, (above) Iraq & Morocco. From there I go to India, some are so spicy! And finally to the US & Texas tables if I still have room.
After judging, and eating, of course its picture time! This group is mostly from Mexico & South America.
This group is mostly from Japan (who won the decorating contest two years in a row). I said a quick thanks and goodbye from the stage but its always so hectic that I didn't have time to be emotional. What an amazing end to seven great years. I am so thankful that I have gotten to be 'at home' with the girls and be a part of some wonderful things like Friendship International. So many women have touched my life and I can only pray that I have been a blessing to them as well. "For God so loved the world...."
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment