Father's day at the beach. On Sunday we drove to CC and headed to Mustang Island state park. There was sea weed but we still enjoyed playing with an awesome sand castle, having dinner, feeding sea gulls, walking down the jetty and swimming.
Great things about being in the sun all day is the girls go to sleep easily.
Monday Caleb had a work shop, so the girls and I went to a free beach on North Padre Island. It wasn't very crowded so we swam a lot, we would go out into the "rolly zone" where the waves weren't crashing and float. Super fun.
Our sand castle.
Feeding the sea gulls.
Pics by the mermaid sculpture by the trashy beach store. (We actually went the whole time only spending money on food-free fun in the sun). Speaking of the, the three of us got sunburned!! That normally doesn't happen to the hat & rash guard family. Fortunately it all turned to tan but was still painful for a few days. That evening we had dinner in our hotel room and then walked along the sea wall in CC.
Tuesday Caleb was back with us and we headed to Port A to see where we lived when Lydia was born. There were lots of treasures in all that seaweed!
Obligatory shark mouth photo.
Some fun sightings at the birding center.
We had dinner with Lari Jo and family.
I am officially old. On Wednesday the morning we were to leave at noon, we had planned to go to the city Corpus Christi beach. That morning my sunburn didn't feel good and I thought about packing up, so I sent Caleb and the girls to the beach and I stayed in the hotel room and packed and rested. They had a great time doing mermaid tales :)
So glad we live close enough to the coast to get to do this every year!
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment