Thursday, March 12, 2015

ADS campout.


 Over Valentine's weekend, Austin Discovery School had an Unofficial campout at Palmetto State Park.  The weather was wonderful.  Pretty cold the first night but then nice and warm and sunny on Saturday and then we got some rain on Sunday.  150 people camped and many others came out for the day to play. This photo is from Saturday's potluck.  Caleb was working so I got the girls there after school and set up our spot.  He arrived after breakfast.
 I brought wading clothes but of course they needed to get all the way in-in February!
 The kids really enjoyed playing together.
 The campfire was a huge hit and the kids constantly were poking it.  We enjoyed s'mores!  The last night I joined a group of adults that sang until quiet hours.  Campfire songs with guitars!
 There was no way to get a photos of how many tents but there were a lot!  This is breakfast time on Sunday morning.
 A quick hike along the Palmetto trail and then fishing time that Caleb hosted before getting rained out and heading home.
Paddleboat fun with Tigerlily and her dad from Gloria's class.

No comments: