Sunday, November 15, 2015

Maine - Day 6

Our last day...we headed south of Portland to see two lighthouses, the Portland Headlight
which is in a pretty park and tour buses joined us there.
Then a little further is the Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse. Great name!
Kathy rested in the car, Mom enjoyed the view and I scampered on rocks.
Beside the lighthouse is a famous restaurant-Two Lights, there was a great view and we got three things to split and all were the same size-whoopie pie, blueberry pie and a burger. After this we drove to the airport, turned in our car and hung out before flying back to Texas. First leg I sat by a young guy from Syria interviewing at dental schools, second leg by an Indian family who didn't talk. Back home to Texas! Great trip to Maine, which I had been wanting to visit since I did a report on it in elementary school.

No comments: