Monday, July 11, 2016

Dixie Dude Ranch - Day 2, part 1

We woke up on Saturday and said hi to the horses before breakfast-pancakes, fruit and more. I'm a snacker and I never ate besides during the meals here.

For this morning ride, a professional photographer came and took some photos of us. Lydia had Custard,
and I was on Blue. The cowboy in the picture with me is Bubba, one of the wranglers that helped us out and took us on the rides. They were fun.
Lead wrangler Rachel with our friends following.

Beautiful morning and beautiful place.

Back to my camera-breakfast.
I love this picture.
Everybody up and getting ready to ride.
Off we go.
We rode beside longhorns, saw jack rabbits and deer and lots of pretty birds. I was impressed there were still wildflowers including Mexican hats and the prettiest little purple touch me nots.
Red/pink shirt day. My horse decided to take a short cut down the hill, so I waited to get back into proper line (some horses don't get along and can't be beside each other) and got to get a photo of Lydia.
Bubba again with a longhorn and our line of riders.
After our ride, it was still relatively cool so we went on a walk and found the pond. They provide gear for catch and release fishing. We found frogs! And named this area Froggie Peninsula and visited it several more times.
The ranch dogs came to visit too and cooled off.
These are the official ranch greeters.
We waited for lunch sitting on the front porch and watched baby birds being fed by their mom.
Lunch was chicken spaghetti, fried zucchini, salad, potato chip cookies and more.  Lydia fed herself :)

No comments: