
Our Thailand day was a good example on the importance of flexibility in dealing with travel plans and other cultures. Jon & Pam decided to join us and knew there is a Buddhist temple not far from us in Del Valle and they have a Market Day on Sunday! In June we pick a date to go, well the night before I'm looking for directions and see the market days are off for the rest of the summer, quick late night call, no problem, let's go to this on in Dobie Mall, check the website all is good. Stacey has to pick Russ up from the airport so she joins us, in two cars we park in the garage, walk inside (remember is over a 100 outside with two hungry girls after church). Oops its closed for summer but they didn't bother putting that on their website. Call Jon & Pam (after paying for parking) and pick Madame Mam's, drive and park again. Have a nice meal and talk to the waitress who is touring the country by working at Thai restaurants. The 0 spice is too much for me, so while I try the girls and I mostly end up eating white rice again :) We enjoy the decorations and the above photo was all I got, not sure about G's face. Back home we look through some Thai books and watch a video about a day in the life of Vietnam (they are close and Thai wasn't available at the library!) My favorite part is that evening I was walking Flower and stop to talk to our Thai neighbor to tell him about eating at Madam Mam's. He politely sneers and says that place its Tex-Thai, not authentic, not spicy enough for real Thais!


No comments:
Post a Comment