Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Passover Seder

I grew up doing Passover with my family and we used a Messianic Seder. After getting married Caleb and I have been it several times with small groups of friends. Well our friends have started having kids and its hard to fit at a table so some have suggested doing a Sunday school one. So here we go for 2012, I expected around 20 people for the first one, we opened it up to a couple of SS classes and the Ladies Wed Night Bible Study. I think by the end we had 58 people there! It went way over time but overall, it went really well. It was the first Passover for many people. We began with a Hebrew praise dance by a small group of women, then the traditional Messianic Seder, including 4 cups of sparkling grape juice, lots of matzo and dipping, singing in Hebrew and a meal (provided by the church kitchen). I learned a lot about hosting an event this big-some suggest that we try it church wide next year! It is a beautiful reminder of Christ's last supper and great to have our home and church family together to celebrate!

1 comment:

Jeanne and Brad Wallace said...

How fun! I wish we would have known about it! :) We'd love to have been there...hopefully ya'll do it again next year.