Saturday, May 5, 2012

~Belly Dance~

 A group of India ladies sold clothing at the Friendship Food Fair and they had children's sizes too!  The girls LOVED their outfits and when we got home they made this big plan to surprise Daddy with a dance in their new clothes.  Lydia said she wanted to not wear the undershirt (it should have a scarf to wear sari style but that part was missing).  I told her okay for at home but not out of the house.  Well she danced away while showing her belly.  At first I was thinking that while she has seen Indian ladies in real life in mid drift bearing outfits they are always appropriately mostly covered with their sari.  Then I started thinking about Jasmine (one of my friends, many years ago, said she wasn't going to let her children watch any cartoons with bellies showing-no Ariel!)
 ...and I realized that we do watch a good number of Bollywood (and pseudo Bollywood) music videos such as Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire.  Most Fridays we dance in the living to Friday by Rebecca Black and then Jai Ho featuring the Pussycat Dolls and yes featuring their bellies too!  Well Caleb and I were watchers on the couch while they performed their own rendition of Jai Ho!~

No comments: