Friday, August 23, 2013

Faking Grace


Faking Grace, by Tamara Leigh
I normally avoid Christian fiction especially of the romantic kind.  Faking Grace, in many ways was exactly what I expected but there was some good to it too.
First of all, after the first couple of chapters, you could map out the plot.  But it all turned out in a fun, quick-read, feel-good way.  I liked the characters.  I also like laughing at Christianese and though it was done in predicable ways, it was still humorous.  Even though it was a light read, there were some really deep and serious subjects dealt with-drug use, eating disorders and shockingly how old Christians turn people off faith by being grippy and mean (Billy Graham addresses this in his Coming Home book as well).  All these are dealt with showing how Christians are human yet can be full of grace; and though serious issues are addressed its not depressing to read them.  I am glad all it all worked out for Maizy Grace and (SPOILERS) she got the cute British guy and her friend is working on her problem and her grandma realized she needs to show grace and most importantly her faith became real to her again. 
I recommend this to anyone who enjoys Christian fiction or anyone who wants to give a light hearted faith filled book a try. 
I got this book for free by agreeing to review it on my blog from Multnomah’s Blogging for Books.  

No comments: