Not many of my creative ideas are originals but they say imitation is the highest form of flattery. Anyway, this is a PJ run, from the Inspired to Action blog. We put the girls to bed, and in a couple of minutes threw open their doors and yelled-out of bed, PJ run, get in the car, let's go for a treat!!! Lydia said for a minute she was scared there was a fire (to be honest the blogger said you know your kids temperaments so you might not be too boisterous the first time, but I thought this is fun, it will be good for them to have a shock-does this make me a bad mom....?) Anyway again, this is summer in Texas so they go to bed while its still light, but we went to Sonic and got shakes and they had a great time. We even cruised a little (which as good environmental hipsters we don't do) to go by a field that was growing real wheat. I told the girls PJ runs are magical so they can't ask for them, they come when they least expect them!
Austin Public Library is amazing! They have special events for children at all their branches all through June & July. We saw Birds of Prey and a harris hawk (above), the Singing Zoologist (below with friends-we didn't really stalk him this summer as we only saw him twice), a young Mozart puppet show, an amazingly funny Tap Dancer (I really can't remember that last time I laughed that hard, it was so therapeutic) and a Latin folk Songstress. And we also went to same regular story times too.
Gloria said this is her new look because she is tired of people saying-I love your blonde hair, I love your blue eyes! We had a nice talk about God making us special and for a reason :)
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment