The Boy Who Changed the World is a story about how all of us can change the world by showing, in reverse order, how a boy affected another boy who affected another boy and together it made the world a better place. The first time I read it, I loved the concept (and since have been thinking about how each action, good and bad can have an effect, like that stupid Hummer in front of me in traffic…..) My three and half year old daughter sat and listened to the whole story (though she didn’t grasp the whole concept). When asked, she said her favorite part was the barn on fire (destruction) and we enjoyed finding butterflies on most of the pages. I got a little chocked up because it is a meaningful story but didn’t cry. I really enjoyed how the stories fit together. I had heard of George Washington Carver but liked hearing about the men than impacted him and those he impacted as well. The art was well done-colorful, pretty, life like but in a child’s way. This is one we will read again and again and I look forward to the day when my little ones will more understand the truths presented. One big complaint-the packaging, it came in a huge box with lots of brown paper, they need to be much more eco-conscious. I got this book free for reviewing it on my blog from Thomas Nelson’s Book Sneeze.
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment