Caleb loves Max Lucado's children's books (the Pancanello series) so when One Hand, Two Hands showed up on BookSneeze (where I get free books for reviewing them on my blog from Thomas Nelson) I was super excited. But this book is just okay.
The pictures are super cute, though I was confused why a big bear showed up, in second reading I realized that her stuffed animals came to live.
The thought behind the story is wonderful: there are many ways to use our hands that are practical, fun, loving and kind. But the rhyming was awkward; the situations not always applicable to preschoolers whom I assume this book is aimed at due to its layout. "Squish cheese, ooey, pooey???" The list at the end is nice but rather random.
While my girls (almost 2 and 4) most of the time sit through it, the first time through Lydia didn't even know they were still talking about hands.
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment