Thursday, September 16, 2010

A good day

Since two Moms have told me to enjoy my kids while they are little this week, and I have a hard time doing that when Gloria is fighting her nap and peeing in her pullup and Lydia is defiantly disobeying, I am going to record today to remember there is a lot to enjoy.
We began the day with Life cereal (which is square). Lydia found one that was missing a corner so she said, "Look its New Mexico!" I then found a square one and said, "Wyoming" She then proceeded to say NM or WY for all her cereal. I love her geography knowledge. Something we need to work on though: While I was away from the table for a moment, Lydia said to Gloria rather sternly, "Gloria do not play with your food, the Bible says Do not play with your food!" Yeah we have never told her that.
My girls are normally horrible in the car and only want to listen to the Wiggles but on the drive home, Lydia requested the music be turned off and told us about five stories: Once upon a time in a very far away house lived a mommy, a daddy, a big sister and a baby sister, and do you know the baby sister's name? Airplane (or corn popper dee or something else totally random) hahahaha loudly and then Gloria would laugh too.
During Rest Time, in which Gloria took a great nap, Lydia and I watched Pocahontas for the first time and she kept asking what her 'prince's' name was. John Smith
Then when Gloria woke up, they put on princesses dresses (I love it when G sees L in Snow White and then says Princess dress please) and danced ballet to Wiggles Christmas Silent Night (English and French) on repeat (so we heard it for about an hour). After dancing Lydia said Bad guys were chasing us so we hid under my covers, then (possibly from watching Pocahontas) we got more aggressive and Lydia gave all of us swords to fight them, kill them and bury them. When that got old, we played a new favorite Sleeping Beauty (we played this at friend Laura's many times in their gazebo the other night) when one touches the spindle, another is normal the prince and one the bad fairy (Gloria says Bad fairy scare me, I bad fairy). Well today there was no prince so sleeping beauty go to wake up whenever she wanted the pretend prince to come, while the others hid in the bad fairy's house (my room) when it was my turn to be SB, I got a magazine and laid on the couch , and right then Caleb came home and caught me down on the job :) After dinner we had half naked ice cream outside, "Gloria is a disaster." I bumped my toe on the swing so Gloria voluntarily kissed my owie and then said ok now all better.
Now we are ending the day with a bubble bath (we'll see if they get to bed with a fit!) And we know they are angels when they sleep! (pics from last night)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sleeping children are so sweet - I need to sneak in at night and take pictures of Rush!