Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Formal Party



The Sunday school class that is young married without kids (which we were in our first year in Austin) always has a formal New Year's party, well the planner now has a child so she changed it to a Christmas party during the church's month childcare night.
We got all dressed up to go!
I wore my Senior year in High school prom dress (so proud I could still fit in it, the miracle of Spandex made me not look 6 months pregnant, which I'm not fyi-I almost felt like a fraud and that I should tell everyone that my stomach wasn't this flat after having two kids....), shoes from Payless, a necklace from Jordan, and an Indian pashmina shawl from Oman. Lydia and I did shimmer lotion and I actually used hairspray! While I was getting dressed the girls kept telling me a I was princess. Lydia make up a story about how I was the most beautiful princess in the land leaving my castle... Gloria kept rubbing my skirt calling me a princess! Having girls can be great for your self-esteem. When I told Caleb he looked nice, Lydia called him plain. It is fun being a girl.
Anyway, after a delay in getting there as I forgot the girls bag and we had to go back, we arrived, checked the girls into their classes and joined the party. We had a nice dinner and then shared testimonies for over an hour. Almost everyone shared about what God was doing in their lives, from answered prayer and hopes to joy in hardships and more. It was a wonderful time of togetherness.
Then we danced for about twenty minutes before the childcare was over. We and two other parents brought our kids in a for a bit. Lydia and Brooklyn danced ballet and swing while Gloria bobbed and was hugged by another little boy and that kinda freaked her out. Lydia had a couple of meltdowns and fell asleep on the drive home. Fun times!

No comments: