Life has been going at full speed and thankfully with good things.
Here are some funny things that I want to remember.
Lydia is learning about real and pretend and its been cute this Christmas her telling Gloria many times that Jesus' story is real. She know fairies and some princesses are pretend, we haven't really addressed mermaids or Santa (as she know him now though she does also know about the historical St. Nick) So we had this conversations today:
L-Is Obama's story real or pretend?
E-real, he is our country's president
L-what will he do next?
E-well presidents serve for either 4 or 8 years...
L-8, I chose 8 years
Today Caleb told Lydia that she was very pretty and she responded that he was very plainy!
Gloria is enjoying singing Christmas songs and Jingle Bells and Away in the Manger are her favorites. And everytime Angels we have heard on high start, she gets quiet and thing sings along to Glooooooria :)
International humor.
We invited my conversational English friend from UT to our church's Christmas musical. They had a good time but she remarked that much of our Christmas music is like pop songs!
While subbing for the Citizenship class at Friendship, I was going over vocabulary with with a very well educated Korean woman.
When I asked the definition of the Pilgrims, she said-the first immigrants to America!
When I asked her opinion of Sarah Palin (after talking about the Boston Tea Party), she said-she is like Cinderella, very pretty and now has power, but where did she come from? what are her qualifications? I don't know.
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment