Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stuff Christians Like

I read one blog of someone who is not a personal friend (Inspired to Action for Moms and sometimes it cracks me up because most of it really is about having a morning quiet time-didn't we learn that in Jr High, or college? Yes but we still need to continually put it into practice-and I have a goal but I won't share when I get up now before the girls because its still embarrassing late!)

But the other day (during Lent when I am not doing Facebook so I needed something else to do to waste time on the internet....though I think I am kinda missing the point of giving something up....) I was looking at a friend's blog who had Stuff Christians Like on the side, I had heard a couple of funny things about it so I looked and oh my goodness-so hilarious and relevant that I decided to add to my list of blogs on the side....and I decided to record a few of the ones that were awesome:

989-we have a decorative sword and dagger from Oman and a head banger thing from Kenya

988-we didn't have a tv for the first five years of marriage and now we have a convertor box but its not plugged in so our tv is really a dvd viewing machine except for special events, but yes we watch netflix and stream shows quite often!

986-the girls came home one day after childcare at church talking about Salty and I thought they must be mispronouncing Psalmsy but no they were right and now as an adult I am first learning about the large blue song book for kids

985-I tripped Chris Rice (accidentally) during a concert!

984-this one is the best because seriously a couple of weeks before I was in Sunday evening church sitting by our neighbor and we started singing this song and she leaned over and told me that she didn't like it because of the sloppy wet kiss part, I said WHAT and we later discussed that the radio version was different. I was glad she gave me the heads up because I loved watching the 'senior' generation's reaction while it was on the screens!

979-I don't have a Jesus shout out at the end of my emails and sometimes I feel guilty about this and end with something appropriate especially church emails :)

689 (out of order?) Digital fasts-actually I am on one of these now-haha, this is my first blog about it and I am not planning on saying anything when I jump back into facebook but (see above) while it has kept me from looking at the computer all the time while we are in the living room, it really hasn't created the calm reflective spirit I really wanted for the entirety of Lent. Maybe once I stop blogging about this silly stuff that no one will read (so its my to remember blog) I can try and get it!

And this is where I stopped on his list but I am sure I'll waste some more time, because laughing is healthy, reading more later!

No comments: