Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flower


We would like you to meet Flower Savannah Gracie Ariel. We now have five people at our house (Lydia likes to point out that four are here even when Daddy is at work). We are fostering her...watching her until we can find her owners....hoping we get to keep her forever!
Our wonderful neighbors went walking on Tuesday and she followed them home, they walked to her back to the porch she came off of and the people there said she showed up the other day, so Heather called us and told us how calm she is and Caleb went to check her out and brought her home. She is an outside only dog who doesn't chew on anything and only barks a little. She jumps some when she is happy and lets Gloria hug all over her. I am having a hard time with the total adoring she shows me, I am sure there is a sermon illustration in there about not deserving it. Today we spent about $15 on her at the DG, got her a bowl, shampoo, collar, leash (and I took my first walk to the mail box with three girls-mine and a dog and all were great), chew toy that we throw and she brings back if she can find it. She hangs around in the shade while we are gone and since we've had her we spend almost all of our time in the backyard so she won't be lonely (so glad its a beautiful spring week). Caleb has always wanted a corgi (which I told him we can still have one sometime in our lifetime) and said she was dumb, not knowing Lydia was listening who later asked me if Daddy likes Cocker Spaniels and I said yes and she said then why did he call her dumb? We always say goodnight to her and good morning before leaving even if we don't have time to go play. Last night we heard Gloria wandering around the house at 4am so I got her as she was going back to her room and she said-I just look at Flower! Then of course Flower spent the next hour whining at the door (a first and hopefully a last).
I was really hesitant to get a dog but God put her in out laps and we love her. We put a notice in our neighborhood google group and have looked for lost dog signs. We'll see.........

2 comments:

boydfamily said...

Congrats on the dog -- she is cute!

boydfamily said...

Congrats on the dog; she is really cute!