Surprised by Laughter: The Comic World of C.S. Lewis
I got this book free for blogging about it at Booksneeze.com
I was hoping for a light fun engaging uplifting for my trip overseas; then I got it. It is huge! And by a PhD. I took me a while to pick it up again but while often it is wordy, I am glad I am reading it, though slowly.
Several months later-I was glad I read it but it kept getting slower and slower.
I recommend this book if you are a huge fan of CS Lewis and want more information about his life, companions and writings; also if you are interested in the dissecting of literature.
Linovall does disclaim that writing about humor is not humorous and he is correct. There were moments of interest and insight into different topics (such as joy, food, wit, taboo, nature) but mostly this is a academic dissertation packaged in a book.
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment