Wednesday, August 8, 2012

San Antonio

 the HS girl friends got together at Julie's new home.  She is a Texan again (and had only lived there for a week before we invaded).  We had a great time catching up, laughing, jumping for a picture, eating out (river walk two times and Pei Wei), a little shopping, cooking and ice cream, going for a walk, playing with Cora and Ernie (Carrie's baby and Julie's dog), we watched Breaking Dawn, and kinda helped Julie organize.
 Everyone else was busy on Saturday including Caleb and my girls were with Mom & Dad in Salado, so I had a day to myself.  I decided that even though we aren't traveling outside of Texas this summer, that I was going to enjoy being a tourist in my own state.  I went to the Japanese Botanical Gardens.  I was there early and walked for a while, enjoyed watching a Swahili band film a music video, then parked myself (see my spot below) to read, pray and organize some!  It got hot so I headed home after lunch and dreaded clothes shopping which is better without the girls!

No comments: