Sunday, May 22, 2011

Friends

When Mommy guilt attacks (which my mother said didn't exist in the 80s) because I am not crafty or cook that well or have taught Lydia to read yet...I remind myself that God has filled my life with friends instead of (not sure the right word here-talents, stuff...). This past month has been packed with people!
The Friendship International Food Fair is always a blast. The girls and I dressed like Texans and we sampled food from around the world. Pictured is Connie (Korea) & Amy (Hong Kong) who are in the citizenship class that I subbed for twice.
Then we said goodbye to Rachida who is going back to Morocco for the summer. Pam & Imane came over to visit too-I made a potroast. Lydia took the photo :) It has been so wonderful to have Rachida as a friend this year, we only speak in Arabic and I feel like in a small way I am being able to pay back the generosity of the Omanis who took me into their lives. Imane will be here this summer and I am hoping to teach her how to drive!
Saying goodbye to Remy who is returning to Taiwan for the summer. We got gelato from Central Market. I LOVE Gloria's face. We also walked around the pond and saw the turtles. It has been fun to be friends with Remy this year as well, we met through the UT program.
Lydia's friend Nita came over to spend the night, they giggled so much that they only slept from 9:45-5:45. The next day they were tired so they rested and practiced camping in the fort.

No comments: