
I have a new bumper sticker. I think it is funny. It is polite yet sarcastic (which my generation loves-think Colbert, Stewart and Stuff Christians like). It doesn't attack one side as much as promote what my side has to offer. It is magnetic so it can be taken off when we go visit my in-laws (I think enjoying time together is more important than discussing politics but C always brings it up anyway). Caleb joked that we would get kicked out of our church (we go to the largest most conservative Baptist church in Austin). I joked that maybe people will pray for us because they don't think we are saved yet; or it might help attract visitors by showing we aren't all cookie cutters. But I really hope it does make people think that wow, someone might really love Jesus and not totally agree with me on every political issue.
When we went camping the bumper stickers around us were extremely rightwing and the people around us were large, white and loud (I am all three of these things too!) As well as driving through Lockhart surrounded by huge trucks gunning it at every light, I realized that I do really enjoy living in Austin.
I could go on about politics (esp with Obama's new speech about Israel & borders and how then our preacher's pm service tonight was entitled Why I Support Israel-I didn't attend but Caleb went) but I'll save that for facebook......


No comments:
Post a Comment