Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More Eggs!

We did four egg hunts total and some were better than others. A Del Valle church plant had a huge one in our local Austin park. Caleb was at a meeting and it was hot, crowded (good for the church) and lots of lines. We had snow cones and the girls sat in a fire truck. When they lined the kids up, I realized that I needed to prep Lydia because there were so many kids. I told her she might not get that many eggs but that was okay because she was going to get to do more hunts and this might be these kids only one (yeah mom I should have talk about it 3 hours before the hunt instead of 3 seconds). My prophetic vision came true, Lydia only got 4 eggs and was not happy about it! Why do we put ourselves through all of this in the name of fun?!?!?
The next day was our church's hunt at the Quarries, it also involved playing by the pond, a picnic with tons of friends and younger kids hunt on the tennis courts. Both girls got full baskets and tons of melted chocolate.

Finally with all the cousins in Beaumont we had our last egg hunt. Really full baskets this time and the great thing about being with family was some only had one jelly bean it. A fun time was had by all.

No comments: