Monday, June 6, 2011

Europe Day


After being a little sad that we weren't going to London this summer and realizing that we won't even be leaving Texas, I decided we would travel the world through food!
First stop was Europe (yep we lumped the whole thing together).
We started the day by putting together our large floor map and talking about countries in Europe. Then we ate a traditional European breakfast (which I had all on hand) toast with honey, jam or Nutella, sliced meats and cheeses. Caleb even had tea, we also prayed for a college friend whose family is living in France. We read Madaline, and then looked through my Europe backpacking scrapbook. Then got in our 'airplane' to go to IKEA-we listened to world music and the Between the Lions Swedish story, we stayed at IKEA for 3 hours, browsing the furniture, reading the Swedish names, playing in the kids' bedrooms and meeting our friends for lunch. I got Swedish meatballs and Ligonberry drink (the kids got chicken tenders-oh well its mostly for us and partly for them!). We also got Swedish chocolate. As we drove home the girls watched Pooh Bear (he was British).
It then turned into the terrible horrible very bad day that had nothing to do with Europe and everything to do with broken trucks, broken garage door openers and waiting, but I won't get into that!

No comments: