The Waiting Place by Eileen Button (I get free books from Thomas Nelson Publishing for agreeing to review them on my blog through BookSneeze.com)
I thought this was going to be a book about practical things to do to endure/enjoy/redeem the moments of life that are spent waiting; kind of a self-help book. Well it wasn't that at all, but I was by no means disappointed. The Waiting Place is more of a memoir of times that Eileen has had places she calls waiting places. These places are gut wrenchingly painful, funny, and normal; about death, health, friendship, life and love (I was reading one a night, but a few days I couldn't put it down and read more but the night of our 10 year anniversary was the one on her falling in love-really cool).
It is beautifully written; will make you laugh and make you cry (or at least it did for me). It was interesting that while we are all different (many situations I had experienced or agreed with, while others weren't in my realm of experience or had an issue with), there are common things to all women, parents, Christians (she did a great job of incorporating her faith in real life) and humans.
Highly recommended, especially to those who enjoy real life, slices of life stories.


No comments:
Post a Comment