Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Birthday in Salado

 I was craving Chinese buffet for my birthday lunch so Mom & Dad said-come to Salado and we'll take you to Jake's (voted the best buffet in Bell Co).  Lydia had been saying she wanted a tree house and the one from when we were kids were really high and had mostly fallen down, so Dad built a great one a little lower, including a swing. The weather was amazing so we spent most of the day in the backyard.

 Granddaddy joined up at the restaurant and I ate too much, but definitely satisfied my cravings for Chinese food!
 The waitresses brought me a cutely decorated birthday cake and sang.
Family pic (Lydia has a cucumber in her mouth).  Then we went back to my parents' house and ate cake and opened birthday presents before heading back to Austin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday old friend. I was attending Neal Holtzclaw's wedding that day and thought about you!

Elizabeth said...

wow and wow, so good to hear from you! are you still in Austin? send me your email elizabethharris01@yahoo.com