Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Turkish House

 We have become friends with a lady who is the president of the Turkish American Women's Assn and they have a Raindrop Turkish House where there are rooms for cooking and language classes, a prayer room and also meeting room.  We have been to two ladies coffee nights (including one that I emceed).  The girls came to the first one and loved their children's area, the teenagers and other kids they got to play with.  Last weekend they had a bridal henna night.  (Gloria is in the middle of the dancing circle)
 It was one of those great moments-the bride (who teaches at the Harmony carter school run by the Turkish) is originally from Mexico, the groom from India, the party at the Turkish house.  We got henna by a Pakistani while talking with a Jordanian.  Have I mentioned before that I love that Austin is so international?  (Lydia sitting on the bride's chair)
 There was eating and dancing and the girls ran around with new friends.

No comments: