Monday, May 6, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

 There's nothing like a bunch of super white people celebrating a Mexican battle while wearing sorta Mexican clothes on Sunday morning, then eating tacos with a bunch of Chinese after church (with the international graduate student class) .  Happy Melting Pot America!
And Happy Cinco de Mayo! We love any reason to celebrate.  I need to get me a pretty dress, like Ms Julia's, she is one of the children leaders at church.  I think what I wore was my dad's (or some other male family member's) shirt from the 70s, Caleb has several Mexican wedding shirts, as we call them, and decided to pass on the huge sleeves, so this is what I've got.  I also told the girls to celebrate they needed to wear ribbons and bows in their hair, I love that they go along with (almost) anything if it is cultural!

No comments: