
After Wadi Shab, we kept driving down the amazing highway and back into Muscat, and we got dropped off at the hotel and said goodbye to our guides. We got cleaned up and headed to Jawaharat AShati area, I was in the lead and we had to turn around twice-the roads sure have changed, and I told them I wanted them to see the movie theater were the Passion of the Christ had played :). The Sultan had also built a new opera house, it is big and beautiful and what all the Omanis are talking about, the first season had sold out very quickly, which we drove past. We had a very late dinner at a Crepe restaurant (I had feta, spinach and olive one and then Nutella with chocolate ice cream for dessert!!) A European friend of Don's was close by and able to meet up with us so it was neat to meet her and talk to her about raising children in Muscat. We sat outside beside the beach. This is the same place where our PObox had been and often I would come alone in the day and stand on this beach and pray. Living in Muscat was my first time living by the sea and God gave me this verse:
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. Hab 2:14. I was a little disappointed that I didn't have more time to stand on the beach this time, I was mostly visiting friends while the group had restful (or sandy) beach time and then we took the boat trip on the water instead of the beach. But this evening I took a moment in the dark to put my toes in the sand and watch the waves.
No comments:
Post a Comment